Friday, August 10, 2007

Farewell

Today the BoE gave Dave and I a farewell. They also combined it with a welcome for Emily and Everette - the 2 new ALTs in Motobu. Since Dave's cousin - John was also invited, there was a shocking number of gaijin present in party! It was at the same place as my welcome and Lorena's farewell party last year. Dave wore his Jimbei, and I wore a different sari.

There were many speeches and gifts and I was at my worst. I didn't know how I ought to behave, I wanted to run away, I was peevishly irritated, I was smiling on the outside, but inside of me was screaming. I did cry. When I read the beautiful message Saori san wrote with the gift she sent. And when Kazuko sensei spoke to me and gave her blessing. When I sang 'nada sou sou' with Ayumi at karaoke. When Ayumi dropped me and Everette home and I stayed to see her off in the rain.

But there were happy times too. Singing 'Like a Prayer' with Emily and Everette. And personalizing Polaroid photos using permanent markers with Ayumi from her superduper high-tech camera. And hogging on my last zenzai, and Kajun's homemade Cheese Cake.

I forgot my camera at home. and haven't yet gotten pictures the others took. I only have one picture, that Ayumi personalized for me and I can only post a picture of that picture.
..will post in the future when I get them! Till then I shall keep the mental images in my head!

Can't believe this one year is over!

No comments: