Friday, April 27, 2007

to write or not to write?

apparently some JET got into trouble for posting stuff about his/her school and mentioning real names of people. well, i have mixed feelings. I mean, so many JET blogs exist! I am sure some way or the other info about the schools we work at and the people we work with will get published. will there be censorship? will CLAIR scan all the JET Blogs? and if so, does anything about our work have to be completely silenced, or can the good things be said, and bad left out? but, should there be even be censorship? aren't we allowed to vent our feelings on this page we call our own? or write about the place/s which we spend countless hours wasting away with nothing to fill our free time? but on the other hand, the real people may not like it if we were to write about them... it is in many ways violation of their privacy, which the Japanese protect more than anything else...(maybe that's not a correct statement, they probably protect their honour more than anything, why else would they something like hara-kiri exist....)

well, this certainly proves my doubts about posting the descriptions of all my schools I have saved as drafts here! I sat typing those in the few bored hours at the board during spring break when by fluke my paso-com (computer@work) was working, and also when by fluke I was at work working!!! Which is to say I was AWOL so many times (hehehe! :) oops!)

anyhooos, who cares anyway... I shall make a code for each school and teacher and post it nevertheless. someday. when i bother enough about it. till then enjoy the pics of Tokyo.

No comments: