Sunday, July 8, 2007

Peaceful Love



It was the 25th anniversary of the Peaceful Love Rock Festival in Okinawa City, Okinawa. It is the biggest modern music event in Okinawa, with over twenty most famous bands of Okinawa. It is a two day event, and the first day recent noveau bands perform, while the second day is reserved for the older bands. We only went for the first day, as most ALTs decided to go to another event on the second day, and I depend on others for a ride, and have no will of my own with such a dependence :> I would have liked to go on the second day too, afro mania, murasaki and begin were performing that day.

anyhow, my favourite band for the day was a girl band called Bleach. they were hard core heavy metal. The lead singers eyes popped out of their sockets as she belted out the song. she kicked the mic stand in the passion of the song, but kept singing on while playing her guitar, stooping to the ground, while a stagehand had to hold the mic for her; and in the end, anticlimactically, she thanked the crowd with the sweetest of arigato gozaimas. I loved her. This is right before she knocked the microphone over:



There was a ridiculous band before Bleach, which had me in splits. They wore the most silly costumes and came upon the stage oiled up singing the Peaceful Love Rock Exercise. I dont recall their bands name...



Rachel, her friend Izumi and I happened to have the same model and colour keitai. We were sitting next to each other and suddenly realized it.



Taking pictures werent allowed, and there were many muscular marines hired to snatch the devices from unrelenting folkes. I just managed to sneak the pics through :>

No comments: