Thursday, July 12, 2007

台風 Typhoons a comin

my first real typhoon warning in Okinawa... had to go to sesoko elementary school today... all my material kept flying off because of the wind... sesoko hashi [bridge] will be closed soon... so classes were wrapped up early... was my last day at that school... bittersweet... i will miss them... anyhow, students helped kocho sensei to put all the plants and things kept outside, in the building... wind blew dust into my eyes as soon as i approached sesoko hashi... had to exert extreme caution riding my scooter on the bridge and going uphill... saw an accident happen in front of my eyes today, no-one got hurt thankfully... went shopping for supplies - have canned food, snacks, batteries, candles, toilet paper, ume onegiri ... filled every container with water... charging my ipod now... if only the electricity and phone lines dont get cut... as long as i have the internet to keep me company safe in my house... Typhoon 4 or {man-yi} looks bad...its East/West Red TC - 1... maybe it will last in the night... approaching okinawa soon... my sliding doors are rattling... sumo is on, so i am entertained... what is it about watching fat men jump at false starts and then fight for a few seconds... its just pure fun, without any blood or violence... anyhow...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hope you are doing well and weathering the storm!!! Also hope to see you at some point this weekend maybe! I need plans!

Anonymous said...

saw a broken highway in FT this morning.... I hope u guys are OK!

has the storm passed?

TC, Deepika