Monday, July 2, 2007

Wisdom uprooted

It isn't really wisdom here, but nonetheless it is some kind of intelligent sense that is about to be uprooted at the dentists office today! I mean, who in their right minds would go there and have someone tug and yank the living bejesus of a tooth out your mouth? But I am foolish, for I am about to sacrifice myself at the Altar of Dentistry. Some may say I am in fact wrong to say so, and wise to be going after much dilly-dallying delay... but I still have mortal fear and dread for the thing that is to happen. What if I go into coma and die like Pravin's friend? Or what if I just bleed to death? Can someone please tell me why I was so 'genki' about getting an appointment this morning? And why I am doing this again?

But, no... I think I really learnt my lesson on Friday! I couldn't sleep as my wisdom tooth decided to bug me again. sometime very late in the night, I woke up in pain and took a brufen. i fell asleep for what seemed like hours, when it may have just been a momentary flash of a sleep... I don't really know! so when I woke up thinking the tablet has worn off too quickly, I took another. In the vagueness of the night, I hadn't realised that maybe the first tablet hadn't had the time to kick in! So I ended up taking two strong doses. In the morning I woke up to what I thought was my alarm, and spent 15 mins on the John thinking its 6 o'clock. I came back to hit the snooze again only to realise that it is actually my Board of Education calling!! and that it was much, much closer to 10am!! You see, I had put my ringtone as my alarm so that my sleepy mind would think its someone calling! my ingenious plan back-fired when I thought it was my alarm was ringing and it was actually my supervisor calling me! I had overdosed myself conveniently sleeping through all my 6 alarms! I ran helter-skelter and reached school terribly late, having missed 2 classes. It was elementary school and everyone knows how dearly I hold on to those visits; to have missed a class there was the worst thing to happen. Especially as at MotoSho, there are many kids who I have never had a class with! It is ironic, as just the day before this happened to me, David was late for Sakimotobu Elementary School because he overslept and I had been so judgemental! I felt terrible the whole time for missing a class (they re-scheduled one class but couldn't do so for both the periods I had missed) And at lunch time, the Kyoto sensei, who talks about this everytime he sees me, repeated once again to my extreme mortification, about how in India people schedule a meeting but are late for one hour, two hours, three hours, until the person waiting leaves, but that person bears no ill-will towards the person who stood him up as the hearts are kind and no-one minds!! I just hid my face in my hands and begged forgiveness, one teacher who can speak english a little explained my hurting wisdom... (tooth, that is ...)

Anyhow, if in some odd chance I dont come out of this alive, then please know that I love you and will miss you! thank you for being part of my life! also, please let barima and babaji know I remembered them! and release my body into the ocean, don't cremate or bury me! And donate my eyes, heart and kidneys! And give my stamp collection to Paroma! And my literature notes and books to Isa and Aditi! My ryukyu glasses to Varsha! and the knick-knacks I made over the years to Gayu! and inform Cherie, I dont know if she reads my blog! And, there is still so much that I need to do and say, but I need to signout and go to the dentist now! Once again, thank you for being a part of my life and forgive me my stupidities! love u! hontoni!

2 comments:

Isa said...

oh Ju. u survived it afterall. So i'm forgetting all the things u said. but i wouldn't mind the notes ;) nahhhhh..i think it's 'wisdom uprooted, wisdom gained' or something. tc!

Unknown said...

love u, isa....